The Ag Technician is responsible for the diagnosis, repair, and scheduled maintenance of Agriculture equipment. He/she should have expertise and experience to use appropriate tools to successfully service most John Deere equipment.
The technician will take direction from the Service Manager . All work shall be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. The technician must be able to diagnose the correct failure mode, using the appropriate technical manual procedures and special tools. Additionally, the technician must be able to perform complete component removal, disassembly, and reconditioning, following technical manual procedures. Finally, the candidate must be able to safely operate all machines marketed by the dealership.
1. Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
2. Perform diagnosis and repair of equipment as required
3. Demonstrate skills to other technicians as required.
4. Perform reconditioning and repair of all machine systems and components.
5. Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments.
6. Report work required on equipment to the Service Manager, for proper and safe operation by the customer.
7. Participate in all training programs as directed by the Service Manager.
8. Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion.
9. Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
10. Bring to the attention of the Service Manager any shop tools, equipment or vehicle that is not in a serviceable condition or is unsafe to use.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
1. High School Degree or equivalent
2. 2+ years experience in a related field or completed John Deere Ag Tech 2 yr college program
3. Ownership of necessary tools
4. Electronic diagnostic ability
5. Ability to perform all tasks without supervision.
6. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
7. Ability to write diagnosis and work completed on routine reports and correspondence.
8. Ability to use personal computer and various types of diagnostic equipment.
9. Passion and commitment to the overall growth of the business