For model year 2011, the lineup of EZtrak models and features has been realigned to maximize customer value and provide distinct feature differences between the Z200s, Z400s, and the all-new Z600s (to be announced separately when they become available).
Key differences between the Z200s and Z400s are shown in the chart below:
|Feature||Z225, Z245||Z425, Z445, Z465|
|Transmission||Hydro-Gear EZT||Hydro-Gear ZT 2800|
|Drive Tire Diameter||18 in. (45.7 mm)||22 in. (55.9 mm)|
|Seat Height||15 in. (38.1 mm)||17 in. (43.2 mm)|
|Mower Decks||42- and 48-in. top discharge||48-, 54-, and 62-in. Edge™ Xtra|
See the Model Comparison Chart for a more complete listing of product differences.
Improvements to all models include:
- The engine mounting system has been designed to position the engine 1-in. lower and 2-in. rearward to lower the center of gravity and improve stability, for enhanced performance and safety.
- Seat suspension springs have been added for greater operator comfort.
- he fuel-fill opening is increased to 3-in. diameter and the fuel cap is tethered for easier refueling and reduced chance of spillage.
- The battery has been repositioned for easier removal
The Z225 and Z245 will use the styled hopper, similar to the one used for the the Z425 and Z445, but as an economical cut-and-throw system. The new hopper assembly and chute fit any model year Z225 or Z245, but the new-style hopper and chute must be used together.
Z425, Z445, and Z465 Changes
The Z425, Z445, and Z465 have been repositioned to increase competitiveness in the residential market. Feature changes include:
- New Hydro-Gear® ZT2800 individual wheel motor transmissions
- Internal brake with cog on each wheel motor
- New 17-in. seat with adjustable armrests and seat springs
- Updates to side panels and park brake and lift controls similar to Z225 and Z245
- Rear bagger mounting change and new bundle number
- Same rear bagger for all EZtrak models
- New 27 hp* Briggs & Stratton® cyclonic engine with 724 cc displacement for Z445 and Z465
- Z445/54 HC model discontinued (replaced by new Z655/54 HC model)
- 22×9.50-10 rear tires replace 23×10.50-12 on Z465 (same as other Z400 Series models)